Kladdkaka is a type of Swedish cake that’s commonly known as chocolate mud cake. This dense sticky chocolate cake is similar to a brownie and has a soft and gooey center. It is sometimes eaten with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and raspberries. Whatever you choose to eat with it, you’re going to love this delicious treat!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8-inch pie plate.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt; set aside. Stir the eggs into the sugar until smooth. Add the flour mixture, and stir just until combined. Pour in the vanilla extract and butter; stir until well combined. Pour into prepared pie plate.
- Bake on the lower rack of the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until the center has slightly set. Allow cake to cool for 1 hour in the pie plate. Serve warm, or refrigerate overnight and serve cold.
Per Serving: 288 calories; 13.241.1 3 77 119